Who am I?
My name is Brian Blem. I am proudly South African – born in Pretoria, raised in Bloemfontein, Johannesburg and London. I have a Business Studies degree from Portsmouth Polytechnic in the UK, a BA (Honours) in Psychology from the University of Johannesburg and a Masters Degree in Counselling Psychology from the University of Pretoria. I am happily married and am a hands-on father to two incredible children. I am a Christian and my mission is to encourage and equip everyone I work with – regardless of race, age, religion or income – to feel alive, to be whole and healed, and to live with passion, enthusiasm and purpose. I work at the Lighthouse Therapy Centre, a dynamic practice located in a peaceful and safe office park in Dainfern, Johannesburg.
- I am passionate about men’s work as I believe strong, fulfilled and trustworthy men have a profoundly positive impact on other men, women, children, work colleagues, communities and society
- I am passionate about relationships, especially marriages, as I believe marriages and family form the bedrock of a healthy society
- I am passionate about nation building as I believe South Africa needs strong leaders and vibrant citizens, all accountable for their actions and committed to integrity, honesty, responsibility, non-racism and shared prosperity
- I am committed to living a God-centred life, guided by spiritual truth and wisdom, spreading light where there is darkness, trust where there is fear, healing where there is pain, and love where there is hatred.
- My favourite authors include John Eldredge (men’s work), Harville Hendrix (marriage), M Scott Peck (family), Steven Covey (personal effectiveness), Steve Biddulph (parenting) and Angus Buchan (attitude and Godly living). My favourite movies include Dances with Wolves, Good Will Hunting, Dead Poets Society, Gladiator and Brave Heart.
I would love to meet and work with you, to help you become the amazing and dynamic person you were born to be.